Monday 7 April 2014

On 12:05:00 pm by Unknown   2 comments
Oscar Pistorius, puts a handkerchief to his face while listening to cross questioning about the events surrounding the shooting death of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, during his trial in Pretoria, South Africa, Friday, March 7, 2014. Pistorius is charged with murder for the shooting death of Steenkamp, on Valentines Day in 2013.
Oscar Pistorius broke down in the witness box today as he apologised to Reeva Steekamp’s parents for shooting her dead at the start of his long-anticipated testimony at his murder trial.
With his voice trembling and at times inaudible, the Paralympian addressed the model’s mother, June, in the court, telling her: ‘I was simply trying to protect Reeva’.
He said: ‘There hasn’t been a moment since this tragedy happened that I haven’t thought about your family.
‘I wake up every morning and you’re the first people I think of. The first people I pray for.
‘I can’t imagine the pain and the sorrow and the emptiness that I’ve caused you and your family.
Girlfriend's mother... 
‘I was simply trying to protect Reeva. I can promise you that when she went to bed that night she felt loved.
‘I have tried to put my words on paper many times to write to you but no words would ever suffice.’
Pistorius said he is taking anti-depressant medicine and that he has sometimes woken up in terror and suffering panic attacks.
He told the court: ‘I’m scared to sleep. I can smell blood and wake up terrified.’
He described one episode in which he woke up in a panic.
‘I climbed into a cupboard and I phoned my sister to come and sit by me, which she did for a while,’ he said.
‘I’m just in a complete state of terror,’ he said. ‘I fall asleep and wake up like that.’

The amputee runner is accused of killing Miss Steenkamp deliberately by firing four rounds from a 9mm pistol through a locked toilet door after an argument.
The track star has pleaded not guilty to her murder, saying he mistook the 29-year-old law graduate for an intruder hiding in the toilet at his luxury Pretoria home.

2 comments:

  1. In my honest opinion and from facts gathered; The poor girl ran for dear life when Pistorius brought out a gun in a jealous rage, she hid in the toilet and was screaming, he struggled with her to open the door and finally shot her through the door! The crocodile tears and his defense that he thought she was a burglar are fabrications he and his expensive lawyers cooked up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Femi, pls don't judge this man, anything could have happen and u know it, try put yrself in the guy's shoe, been handicap and since the girl is a model and the guy realized he's cheating on him,... can you conquantify the range of anger he's gonna be?....

    ReplyDelete