Wednesday 4 June 2014

On 6:59:00 am by Unknown   No comments

Sorry guys, am not going to tell my experience these past days, a friend of mine send me this story and I think it worth sharing. Sit back, read and make a comment…

Kemi married Dele, a busy businessman and a widower. Living in her matrimonial home as a responsible housewife, Dele’s youngest son, a 16-year old lad destablized her with his charm and charisma that she soon began to grown hot pants for him. Now she’s been delivered of a baby girl and her husband is happy about it but she’s disturbed about the paternity of her daughter. Go on, read the details.

“You have been delivered of a beautiful baby girl, Mrs. Daniels,” the doctor announced to me as if I didn’t know. He beamed a right smile.
          I sighed, still exhausted. It was my first time of putting to bed. I lay on the bed spent with my breath softening. I lifted my eyes weakly to see when I heard the door open.
“Ah, Chief Daniels,” the doctor said. “Congratulations sir, your wife has put to bed a beautiful baby girl.”
          “Really?” Dele, my husband asked. I saw the glow on his face as he came over me and looked down. He was obviously very happy.
          “Hello darling,” he said, touching my face with the back of his palm. “Thank you so very much, you’ve made me great.” He bent over and placed a kiss on my forehead.
          I gave him a weak smile. Dele had always wanted a daughter. Every now and then he’d talk of having a baby girl.
          “It’s a girl you’ll be delievered of,” he’d said often while I was pregnant.
          Dele at fifty nine had four children from his first marriage and all of them had been boys. Though he loved his sons so much, he hoped for a daughter but then the doctor again after having been delivered of the last boy through a caesarian session.
          “I was heart broken when the doctor said Angela mustn’t conceive again. I so much wanted a daughter but then I didn’t want to jeopardize his life. But even then, death came upon her a decade later and she died.” Dele had told me one evening, few weeks after we’d returned from our honeymoon. From him I’d learnt that his first wife had died of a mysterious ailment.
          “It was somewhat better she died.” He’d said. “Not that I wanted her dead but she was going through so much pains, she was suffering and every help we tried to give couldn’t help her. We were helpless” the thought must have been very painful for him because as he recounted it, tears formed in his eyes.
          Now he’s so overjoyed that I’d been delivered of a baby girl. He’d been happen when he knew I was pregnant having been married to him for eight years without a child for him. I was so disturbed because I wanted a baby of my own. Deep inside me, I suspected that he was not as potent anymore because even in his bedroom act, you couldn’t say he was fulfilling or active, hence I was always sex starved. Now he’s so happy but his joy nudged at my conscience in form of guilt. It was actually the truth of the situation that caused my heart to weight down.
          “Oh God. Forgive me,” I prayed silently.
          Then my mind began to flounder through the muddy path of the memory of this insalubrious chapter of my life.
          Yes, it s unhealthy, it had been just nine years when Dele brought me down to Lagos to meet his kids as part of the earnest preparations towards our wedding. Dele and I had met at Akure. I’d been spending a two-week holiday with my aunt there. I’d just finished my service year and I’d wanted to rest away from my immediate family even though I’d been away for long. I was like that, I enjoyed being with relatives than being at home with my family even though they were an interesting lot. So Dele, being a business associate of my aunt’s husband came visiting on one of his business trips to Akure.
          “I can see you’re hoarding a young beautiful lady under your roof,” I heard him accuse my aunt’s husband.
          Uncle Akin, my aunt’s husband had laughed. “she’s just my wife’s niece.”
          “I hope you wouldn’t mind me to take care of your wife’s niece for you?” he asked uncle Akin conspiratorially. And the two men burst into laughter.
          Later when he was about to leave, I was called by Uncle Akin who introduced us to each other. Dele asked what I was doing, I told him I’d just finished my NYSC programme and was holidaying in Akure.
          “so where do you stay?” he asked.
          “Ibadan,” I replied.
          He smiled. “That’s wonderful. I have a house and an office in Ibadan. You could pay me a visit when next you’re there. Just give me a call on my cell-phone first.” He smiled and gave me his car. As he was leaving, he gave me some money and said I should use it for my transport whenever I was travelling back to Ibadan.
          Three days later I had his phone call from Ibadan, he just wanted to know how I was doing. He said he would be travelling to Abuja, from there he would go to Lagos to see his family, that he would be back in Ibadan in a fortnight and that he was expecting to see me. “Take good care of yourself for me.” He said before dropping the receiver.
          The next day, he called from Abuja and said he was really thinking about me, that he’d never seen an angel so beautiful.
          My aunt teased me that I’d found a husband. But I wasn’t looking at it that way. How could I marry a married man? It was then my aunt told me that he was a widower. Even then, the age difference didn’t put my heart to it. He was as old enough to be my father.
          I turned to Ibadan after the holidays – I wasn’t sure if he was back in town, so I didn’t bother to go visiting. I didn’t even call him. But he rang me up few days later. He’d got my number from Uncle Akin, I supposed. He berated me for not calling him and reuested that I pay him a visit.

To be continue…

0 comments:

Post a Comment